Sunday 8 April 2012

This Place


This Place

Like an outstretched hand, beckoning with promises of the past
The memories call to me, fleeting glimpses of faded times.
I long to be there. When I walked, ran, sang for joy
I see the curly blonde hair on my daughters round face as she bounces and hops
The grass tickling my ear while we play on the long grass

Yes yesterday you seducer. You cannot be what you promise
Your promises are spent currency
Memories are not places, memories are not promises
I will stay in my sadness. My reality is a place
This place is where I am

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Coral Ladwig said...

blondie12au said...
Oh Julius...I wish so much for you.I wish that you could resume your old life, I wish you were not stuck in the chair, I wish that you could have some peace and joy in your life. My heart breaks at what has and is happening to you I just can`t imagine how difficult your life has become. My main wish would be that I could give you some hope and a way to get through this. Thinking of you. xxxcoralxxx

Anonymous said...

Wish things could have been different, you have had a hard road to travel, must be hard not to get depressed by your situation. But you have got to forgive your self for what happened and just live each day. You carry too much pain and it weights you down. I wish I could just laugh with you and say it is all OK.
Your state of imobility has often spoken volumes for me-if I just feel I have too much to do, I think of your frustration of not been able to do things for yourself, and then I know that I must do what I have to cos I can, and not complain about it. So you in a way have helped me pull through many a day. Love you Jules.

sueparot said...

Your words are beautiful, Julius. "Yesterday" your seducer is being extremely hard on you, she's a cruel mistress.
May your "tomorrows" be in a much happier place and may you know much love, peace & joy.
Love & hugs, Sue xxx